Larry P. Caldwell, D.O.M., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac
I came upon Oriental Medicine when I experienced leg pain from running that wasn’t resolving with traditional medical approaches. After two visits with an acupuncturist, I was truly impressed because not only did the pain in my leg resolve, but I as able to run with more freedom and physical confidence than I’d ever been able to before. Something surprising also occurred as the result of those treatments. For the first time in years I was able to breathe through my nose, my chronic sinusitis was gone.
I began to ask questions about how the medicine worked and what unfolded for me were teachings of ancient knowledge that had been passed down over generations. This is a medicine which is truly holistic, considering all aspects of a person’s life in the treatment process, seeking and addressing the root of symptoms with the intent to release blocks rather than just suppressing the specific presenting symptom. I realized that this approach could do much good in relieving people’s pain, both emotional and physical. Intuitively, I felt that just focusing on treating a single body part that was in pain may be missing the fact that our bodies work as a whole unit. Our thoughts and emotions can cause illness. The illness that presents today may have its roots in the past.
My passion is to listen to my patients’ stories in order to identify and treat their core issues effectively. The goal is to relieve pain, restore balance, educate, and open the paths for your body to naturally experience the freedom that comes with vitality.
Fields of Experience in Oriental Medicine
- Master of Oriental Medicine Degree, Southwest Acupuncture College, Albuquerque, NM, 1996
- Trained in Traditional Chinese Medicine using a variety of methods and techniques with Chinese herbology, nutrition and exercise counseling.
- Diplomat in Acupuncture, nationally certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 1996 - present
- Currently licensed to practice acupuncture in Minnesota and New Mexico
- Instructor, American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 2004
- President, Acupuncture Association of MN, 2000-2001
- Past instructor and faculty member of the American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Advanced Japanese needle techniques and palpatory diagnosis, including Shiatsu (acupressure).
- Allopathic medicine diagnosis, pathology, physical exam methods, anatomy and physiology
- Allergy elimination techniques
- Scalp and auricular acupuncture training
- Pediatric Tui-na training
- Alzheimer treatment for elderly
- Fibromyalgia and sleep disorder treatments
- Oriental Medicine treatment for people with incest, rape and divorce seminar: ‘Betrayal of Intimacy’
- Clinic observation of physical therapy and laboratory testing
- Developed a system called, “Revealing Healing,” authored book on the approach
- Developed and instructed several Tai Chi Chuan programs
- Participated in seminar to develop questions for the NCCA Exam
- Homeopathic training in acute and constitutional remedies
Additional Degrees, Service
- Bachelor of Arts, Architecture, University of New Mexico, 1981
- United States Navy, Naval Intelligence, Communications Linguist, 1971-75
Book: Revealing Healing
by Larry P. Caldwell, D.O.M., L.Ac., Dipl.Ac
Dr. Caldwell has developed a system called, “Revealing Healing,” which is based on the premise that our lives are filled
with experiences that contribute positively and negatively to our overall health. Together with his clients he explores how these experiences and emotions affect the body’s vitality.
Bicycling, Hiking and Archery
"I have some questions
See our Frequently Asked Questions